Monday, September 19, 2011

Proof Arrived This Weekend & Contest Reminder

Just a quick update. CreateSpace has been super slow to work with, so I had to go over to printtopress.com to get a proof made. It came in the mail Friday & I spent the weekend reading it. Seeing it in print was not only cool, but reading it this way reminded me how much I enjoy the book (which, of course, is why I wrote it). In a way, I'm glad I'm publishing the book that I love, rather than the book an agent or editor thinks the public will buy.

I found 2 errors (both were introduced by me, not missed by the my two proofreaders) and I made 2 minor formatting changes. The cover came out slightly dark, so I've adjusted the brightness and contrast for the final version.

CreateSpace finally approved it and I'm having their proof sent next day air. Just in time, to get copies sent to the winners of my GoodReads contest.

If you haven't entered, it closes in 2 1/2 days. So, if you'd like a copy of the print version, then be sure to enter.

Speaking of GoodReads two more great reviews came in. SZJMB is holding steady at 4.5 stars!

2 comments: